Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yummy Homemade Veggie Pizza

My first attempt at making homemade pizza!


I started with an organic, no GMO, cornmeal crust that I bought at Whole Foods.  Spread with organic tomato sauce and added homemade pesto to that.  Then I added a bit of fresh shredded cheese.



Then I loaded it with fresh spinach leaves, locally grown mushrooms.  I also added some homemade pico de gallo, and then topped it with just a sprinkling of more CHEESE!!







Stick it in the oven on 425 for 15 minutes and TA-DA!!! 

Add some pepper flakes for more kick and some kosher salt and you're ready for dinner!!!

Too bad I can't eat any until tomorrow!!!



I have another crust and am going to attempt to make a breakfast pizza with it I think on Sunday so that I have something different for breakfast for the first couple of days of work next week!  Will let you know how that turns out!!

2 comments:

NY Wolve said...

Did you have a pizza stone? And I am curious to seeif it worked out -- I'd love to make pizza with my kids and WF crust seems like the easiest/best way to do it. And I don't have a pizza stone

Junie B said...

nope, no stone, just put it on the pizza sheet you see in the picture! so many ways to make pizza and yeah it would be great to do your kids!!! you can get Boboli crusts or similar at any grocer, or in the frozen food section. i have seen them there but this was SIMPLE!!