Sunday, February 14, 2010

4 mile run with Brooke this morning...wasn't planning on running today but when I got a text last night asking if I thought I might want to run with her, how could I say no?  It was a fantastic morning to run; sunshine, no wind, and cool temps (about 46deg)...even if it wasnt a long run, it was awesome because I got to run with one of my bestest friends and catch up on things and just be out in the morning quietness (even at 9am! it was quiet on the streets and at Rice)...

Yesterday I hit up Whole Foods and here is my haul
 
I wish you could actually see how huge that container of fresh spinach is!  1.5 lbs of it!
I spent a bit too much but I am still experimenting with a few things and have new recipes I want to try!

Last night was just the usual fare of veggies and couscous before heading out to a party where I was awesome at not eating a bunch of snacks so eating beforehand definitely helped!  And there were veggies and hummus there so it was easy to have something to snack on that wasnt too bad even though I did have about 6-8 tortilla chips and a bit of spinach dip!  Yum!

Just back from seeing From Paris with Love; action packed and of course very violent but John Travolta was excellent in his part.  Wait for DVD though...I ate some Greek yogurt and trail mix before I left to avoid the popcorn but wow that smell is tough to resist!  I also had bought a 70% cacao dark chocolate bar yesterday at WFM, so I broke off 3 of the squares and brought them to the movies to nosh on :)  Tomorrow is a weigh in day so I didnt want to indulge today on popcorn.

Needless to say I was hungry when we got home so here is what I made (I baked the last of the chicken in the freezer this morning and made some of it into a very light chicken salad)




I spread some hummus on the thin sandwich rounds, put on some spinach leaves, a bit of WW cheese, drizzled with EVOO and then a bit of chicken salad.  OMG IT WAS AMAZING!!!  I made the chicken salad with some cayenne and green onions for a bit of a kick.  So good!  

OK time to settle in for some Olympics for the night!  Day off tomorrow due to the holiday of Presidents Day!

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

OMG, that looks yummy...gonna have to try it!