Saturday, February 27, 2010

Food Chronicle Day #2 and Coaching Stuff

Breakfast (7:30)
overnight oats with blueberries, cinnamon and almonds

Snack (10:00)
Oikos (Stoneyfield) Greek Yogurt 0%fat (Honey)

Lunch (1:00)
Amys Veggie burger patty on sandwich thin
spread thinly with hummus, some feta cheese and alfalfa sprouts
3/4 cup of quinoa

Snack (3:30)
12oz of soy milk (Silk Light) with Hersheys chocolate syrup mixed it...mmm mmm good!

Dinner (6:30)
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of steamed veggies (asparagus, corn, carrots)

Workout
None.  Fridays are a rest day :o)

***************************************

Last night I had my first coaches meeting with PIM.  We start next week and for 9 weeks I will be inspiring, leading, motivating and coaching new runners onto a 5K the beginning of May!  The entire program is divided into abilities by either pace and/or if you have never run, can run/walk, can run a mile without stopping etc.  This is truly for the most part, a couch to 5K kind of program!  I am excited for next week as I will find out who my peeps are and begin the process!  Its a great way to volunteer and further support the area running community!  I thought I might be placed with the new new newbies, but instead I was placed with what they call the "Carbos"; and from what I can gather that means that the runners I will have are not by any means 'seasoned' but can run a mile without stopping.  I think the average pace of this group is going to be somewhere around 11-11:30 min mile runners.  Time trials for them is next week so that is when I will have more of an understanding on what I have to work with!  I am super duper excited!!

No comments: