Friday, February 26, 2010

There Are Plenty of Fish in the Sea...

Its day 9 of my vegetarianism during Lent.

The past couple of days I find myself longingly staring at the seafood dishes on commercials for Red Lobster.

Really?  Red Lobster?  Never been a fan, and lets face it, their food sucks.  Any place that advertises as much as they do, well thats not a good sign if you ask me...they must need business...or maybe they advertise more during Lent for those that think its ok to eat seafood on Fridays..

But I am wanting fish, or really, scallops.  Or crabcakes...You get the idea.

Other than that, its very mundane, leading me to believe that I should have picked something more 'taxing' for a sacrifice.

I can't really make the claim that my sleeping wonderfully, the way I feel more energetic, among other things, are due solely to the complete elimination of animal products from my diet.  Because those things were already happening before, but then again, meat in any form leading up to Lent was sparse.

I have not experienced ANY negative side effects as it pertains to my workouts, nor my running...At least not yet...I got on the scale on Sunday and it was still at the same number as the last time, holding steady at the 9 lb weight loss, but I hope to see at least SOMETHING, even a 1lb loss when I weigh next week.  I do however, SEE a difference when I stand in front of the mirror each morning, naked as a jaybird :o)... and trust me when you can do that, and be happy with what stares back at you, its a good day indeed.  I do SEE a leaner person...is this due to diet alone?  No.  The 2 days a week on weights with a trainer has definitely helped...

37 days to go...

Are any of my readers observing Lent, and if so, how's it going for you?

1 comment:

Gaslight ;-) said...

Don't laugh, but I gave up internet shopping. OK, really, at first just internet BUYING, but now I've weaned myself off the shopping portion, too, it seems.
5 days without internet helped, I must say.
This doesn't mean not buying anything at all--it;s the instant gratification of "Buy it now" that I've give up. For now.