Wednesday, February 17, 2010

As I.F.

A few recent posts I found interesting (I've been researching this already) that I thought if you were inclined to do so you too could read up on intermittent fasting.

Blog 1
Blog 2
Blog 3

I have actually been doing this off and on since October as well, but more often in the past couple of months (and quite certain its also assisted in my accomplishments) and my fast is usually for dinner.  Since I work out, run, or do both after work, when I get home its easy for me just to shower, laundry, get food ready for the next day, etc. and forget about eating.  I was actually doing this BEFORE I started reading about IF.

My theory is simple:  I don't need calories to sleep.  Nor do I need evening calories to run/work out the next morning.  The most I would eat on other days would be a turkey fold over sandwich, or a couple of eggs or something.  Then of course there were 'special' occasions where I would actually eat dinner though.

Now I tend to only do this a couple of times a week since I am eating differently anyway, and I actually AM hungry after my evening runs/workouts.  But apparently a couple of times a week is all it takes...

Of course I am writing this today, when I am fasting for Ash Wednesday...and about to rip my hair out (but mostly because I know this is way bigger than skipping ONE meal)...and furthermore I would NEVER EVER EVER skip breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I might just wake up (set my alarm) at 12:01am just so I can eat.

p.s.  Another good site to search for I.F. information is here.

2 comments:

JC said...

I may have to try this. It goes with the theory of keeping your body confused and makes sense.

junie b said...

JC: not that just that, but I especially am intrigued by the whole "your body is in a constant state of digestion, which is TIRING!" thing...i mean when you think about it...there are tons of studies and research out there, i merely just posted a few blogs with bare information...

right now i am about to have my meal for the day, but in all actuality i havent eaten since about 8:30 last night...so i am in complete fast mode! still i cant eat again till after midnight, which basically means i will have 'fast' for 36 hours since i wont eat till i get up tomorrow morning!

keep me posted!