Monday, February 8, 2010

Kenyan Way - Hills

This morning the news was forecasting bad storms to move through tonight...however as I checked the radar around 3pm I could see that they were coming much faster than what they had said.  I had the foresight to bring my gym bag to work and worst case scenario I would do a hill workout on the treadmill...

However with Dallas Half coming up and being a hilly course, I needed the real deal, so at 4pm I changed clothes at work.  Ran down to Dallas and up Shepherd and back to the cloverleaf and proceeded to get my 25 min of hills in!!  and thank goodness I did because right now the rain is coming down in BUCKETS!!!  I know some of the KW'ers are out there and getting pounded and probably heading for cover as we speak...

Sometimes I'm smarter than I give myself credit for :)

*********************************************

Product review:  Amys Veggie Burger Patties ... I bought some of these this weekend and I just had one and it was FANTABULOUS!!  I spread some hummus over an Oro Wheat Sandwich Thin Round (another one of my new favorite things!), cooked the veggie burger, topped it with tabouli and OMG IT WAS HEAVEN!!!  Pretzels on the side.  Perfect dinner.

5 comments:

Mel said...

shows how much I know, I didn't know the course was hilly. AND I haven't done hills since the fall.

Mel said...

Confused, their site says "smooth" and "fast flat".

The elevation looks like it's a large gradual climb.

UNCONFUSE me!

Junie B said...

Mel, my friend Aimee that lives there said its basically the same route as the White Rock 1/2 just with a few differences, and that its much hillier than Houston but not as hilly as Austin...and that the last 3 miles or so are a breeze...does that help?

and i think EVERY race site says flat and fast...and they lie. :)

TX Runner Mom said...

Mmmm, that sounds yummy. I'll have to try Amys....I've tried a few other brands and they were nasty. And yes, all those races lie...except Zooma, their website says "challenging course" and they're not lying!

June said...

Christy: i got the 1/4lb ones, 200cal each... so much more satisfying than the thinner ones in my opinion;