Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kenyan Way - Speed Workout

5 mile progressive run
Expected:  Starting at 10:22 and finishing at sub 8:52

I parked at Starbucks and ran to the park and talked to Coach for a bit...He thought my 'expected' was good.  Go with that...

Actual:
Mile 1: 10:05.  Well shit.  I TRIED to go slower as I kept checking my pace while running, but well it is what it is...Now at least it would be forced upon me to hit that sub 8:52 :)
Mile 2: 9:42
Mile 3: 9:20.  Stopped back at base for some fluids.  Mixed G with water.
Mile 4: 9:05.  This is working out way too perfectly.  Stopped to turn back for the last mile.
Mile 5: 8:39.  Wow.

Got some more fluids, talked to a new girl who joined that I know (that I didnt know had joined), and then put my jacket back on and ran back to the car.

Total: Just about 6 miles.

About 43deg and drizzly.  At least it wasn't sleeting like it was when I got off work...Now dinner...Veggie burger patty on Orowheat Thin sandwich rounds with hummus and tabouli.  I am so hooked on these...I am just too hungry to wait for a baked potato to cook right now!!  For dessert I plan on a Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwich...mm mmm good!!!  I have to get rid of them somehow afterall!!  :)

No comments: