Sunday, February 21, 2010

Vegetarian Crock Pot Chili

 

I know it looks kinda yucky but it smells fabulous as its slow cooking right now!
I started with 1 bag of Morningstar Soy Crumbles
Add in 1.5 diced onions
1 can Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel
1 can of corn
1 can of low sodium black beans
(recipe calls for 2 cans of each (beans and corn) but my crock pot wasnt going to hold it all!)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of Ranch dressing mix

Stir it all together, put on low for 7 hours and you're done!

I plan on having some over veggies tonight; but I figure you can top a baked potato (white or sweet); over couscous, quinoa or anything!

I figure if you didnt want to even have the soy crumbles you could put in another 1-2 cans of beans (your choice) and just have chili with no 'meat' whatsoever.

I promise to post a picture after its done and how I am serving it so you can see its awesomeness!!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

thanks for posting, I can't wait to try. LOVE me some veggie chili.

Junie B said...

mel, i added pepper flakes of course for more spice and i didnt actually add the Rotel either. i could NOT believe how AWESOME it tasted!!

the soy crumbles kinda were 'smelly' but obviously once its cooked in all of that you cant tell the difference between that and ground beef!!!!

Emily said...

This sounds delicious! My husband is going veggie for a month (I am SO excited) and I'll have to cook this for us. :)