Monday, February 15, 2010

Kenyan Way - Hills and Presidents Day Fun!

This morning up and at em early, had my fabulous overnight oats (my first experiment with making them!) and wow!  Loooooooooooved them!  Rolled oats in vanilla soy and a bit of Greek honey Chobani mixed in overnight, then I sliced 1/2  a banana into it, added a bit of Kashi, some cinnamon and wa-la!!  SO yummy!!!

Then I headed out for a bit of shopping; to Pier 1 to see if I could find some cool additions to my dinnerware as the presentation of the food before eating it is half the fun!!  Plus sitting down to a well dressed table no matter what meal makes the experience of food fun too!!  They didnt have anything that really jumped out at me, but I did buy a few things because I thought they were simple and nice...Plus I only have 1 old timey plate (you know what use to be 'regular' size back in the day) so having a couple of extra smaller plates for dinner I thought was a good idea.  I added the square bowls and the little soy sauce holders (or whatever sauce/salad dressing) because again, I thought they were simple, yet very nice.  I also bought some wonderful new marvelous smelling candles for the house!  I have them all lit now and the place smells amazing!!!

Then it was on to NYC & Co., to see if I could find some pants that fit.  And wouldnt you know it they were having a sale where you buy any pant get another free!  So I got 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of work pants for the price of only 2 pair!  Score!  And in size 2's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Score again!!!  Since I plan on losing more I didnt want to spend a lot if they were going to just get too big :)

Next I headed over to Darque Tan...yes its that time of year again...hey I know...but I'm not perfect, so if I tan a little, don't sue me!

Then home for lunch!!!  I made the spinach/tortellini soup this morning since it would be perfect for the cold day we are having plus tomorrow's lunch as well!  I will be posting pictures as I was making it along with the very simple directions again for those that want to make it!  Isn't that little sandwich plate the cutest?  I wish they would have had some a bit larger and with bowls but they didnt :(  The same chicky salad/spinach sandwich from last night was a great pair with the little bit of soup.  It was just about 1.5 cups of the broth and spinach with about 5 tortellini's in there :)

Workout:  Kenyan Way hills this evening.  Started out with a 1.5 mile warm up then hit the hills for the actual workout.  It was a tough one tonight, one we've never done before...1000m of uphills then you get to walk down a very short steep decline for about 40 yds then start all over again...ugh.  It was VERY windy (not to mention cold!) out and not nary a tail wind no matter what! Sucked!  :)  I didnt even take off my warm up pants!  Ran in those suckers the whole time!!!  Roughly 5 miles for the total.

Now home and about to devour my dinner...the yummy soup from earlier today!  I added just a bit of the leftover chicken to it; and now all the meat is GONE BABY GONE from mi casa...

GO BODE MILLER!!!  Wow!  I just watched him BLAZE that downhill!!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I LOVE overnight oats. I forget about them sometimes, because I adore old fashioned with random fruit in it. I may have to do overnight this week at least once or twice!

I need to try your soup sometime.