Thursday, February 18, 2010

I struggled with whether or not to do my hour on the treadmill followed by my weights workout tonight with my trainer, or to leave work and run outside in the glorious warm(er) weather (hey its like 60!!).  And by the time it was less than a half hour for me to leave, I decided that I needed the fresh outside air since I didnt get any yesterday evening really...and I could do some weights work at home afterwards  since I have weights and such at home (definitely not like the gym but good in a pinch). 

So I decided on setting out to do 5 miles and at the 2.5 mile turnaround, see how I am feeling and go from there.  I also decided no Garmin, which I rarely wear anyway unless its Wed (speed) or Sat (long run) or a race (obviously).  I prefer the simplistic approach on my easy days.

I ended up doing 6 miles (it was so beautiful out, cool temps and LOW LOW humidity!) then coming home to do the weights work as planned, abs and push ups with the stability ball and even through in intervals of jump roping on the patio in between sets.  :)

Sidenotes:
  • that pizza I made?  Damn that sh*^ ROCKED...wowza...honestly it was amazing and I will definitely be buying the same crusts from here on out, regardless that they are way more expensive than usual chain supermarket brands of pizza crusts.  I had 2 small pieces for lunch today and savored each bite as it was that good and I knew they were small and weren't going to be there very long ;o)
  • I am as addicted to overnight oats as any one person can be.  Wow.  Either they are incredibly easy to make amazing or I am just that dang good at putting it all together to make it so wonderful.
  • Of course the scale was incredibly kind to me today after yesterdays fast (remember I only ate one meal and that was at noon). I will tell you I fell asleep on the couch and woke up around 12:27am (Ash Wednesday was no more) to be exact, and yes, I went straight to the refrigerator, took out the pizza I had made, took 3 bites of one piece, and then promptly fell into bed and slept like a baby!  I havent overeaten today by any means; the fasting didnt make me think oooooohh, I can make up for lost calories...nope.  Homie dont play that.  I do feel a bit bloaty though, and figure there won't be any dinner tonight (which isnt a big deal, I do that often as I mentioned previously as it pertains to I.F.)
I leave you with this quote which struck me for some reason on this day...
“A coward is a man in whom the instinct of self - preservation acts normally.”

2 comments:

Mel said...

I eat some variation of oats at least 6 times a week. Dan thinks I am strange. I never get tired of it. The possibilites are endless!

I too love overnight oats. I don't make them often, but they are tasty!

Unknown said...

Please explain overnight oats? Are you talking about steel cut oats, soaking them overnight? Or something else?