Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kenyan Way - Long Run

Man it was COLD out this morning!  I actually wore PANTS!! Ha!  But I shed the gloves at about mile 5 or so...but wished I had them later on as my hands got cold again.  Ran solidly with the 4:15 group again today, but again went too fast (I got in 'trouble' last week for going too fast on the longer training runs but I did do better this week!)...I owe that to Brenda this morning!  She normally runs with the 4 hour group so she would go faster, then I would go faster and I would reel her in a bit...but I kept up!  Thankfully she was on talk mode this morning too which made it go by way faster!

Mile 1: 10:55
Mile 2: 10:22
Mile 3: 10:09
Mile 4: 10:15
Mile 5: 10:00
Mile 6: 9:58
Mile 7: 9:54
Mile 8: 9:53
Mile 9: 9:47
Mile 10: 9:52
.5: 9:44 pace

Was supposed to go 11, but it came up short and I just said eff it at base and didnt add on :)  Average pace: 10:10 and like I said was much better keeping more or less a steady pace instead of the last 3-4 miles of last week where I was blasting through those trying to make up time to come closer to the average pace I needed...thats where I mess up and Coach said its fine every once in a while, but just try to go at an even pace, naturally speed up to negative split but not to 'make up time lost'...no need for that...

It was still barely 36 deg at the end, so I might never defrost!!!

No comments: