Thursday, February 25, 2010

Food Chronicle Day #1

I figured, due to Anonymous question I would chronicle my eats for 7 days (pictures not for everything though!!!) so that anyone else interested to see how diverse my eating is throughout the days/evenings would be able to see it...I will include this with my workout for the day as well...I dont really like to make any post too long, so if you see multiples on any given day thats why.  I dont want to cram all my head stuff into a novel... :o)

Breakfast (7:30am)
egg white and bean taco
1/2 banana (6:00am)

No snack mid morning
Afternoon snack (3pm) pb and 1/2 banana sliced on a sandwich thin (eating afternoon snack since I have a workout and then a PIM meeting at 6, therefore I didnt get home to eat until late)
Lunch (12:15pm)
Veggie plate - wild rice, steamed broccoli, steamed green beans
1/2 sandwich thin with 1/2 banana, 1 tsp of PB
Dinner (7:30pm)
Orowheat whole grain sandwich thin
hummus spread lightly on each side
sprouts/red bellpepper/yellow bellpepper/a couple of sliced kalamata olives/pico de gallo/drizzle EVOO
For a side: 3/4 cup of Meditterean style quinoa that I made (still owe you the recipe and the pictures :O)..this weekend I promise! )

Oh and of course I had my Womens One a Day (I got the extra oomph ones)!!!!  That important and should be documented right???  :o)

Workout
2 miles - Elliptical - Since my calf still has that weird crampy/knotty thing going on today (worse than last night), I chose the elliptical today instead.
Weights - Upper body - Chest and shoulders
                                      Back - I only did lat pull-downs and standing rows
                                      Lower body - squats
I didnt do JJ's or JR in between sets because I didnt know if thats what brought on the calf thing from Tuesday...
1 mile - Elliptical

**************************************************

Coming Soon:
  • Is it OK to be fat?  Nightline segment (from last night); My thoughts and comments
  • Rodeo Time (moooooooooooooooooo!! is what you'll get if you don't watch it) - 3 weeks of gluttony here in the Bayou City
  •  Eating well to lean up, lose weight and maintain doesn't mean blah, bland and limited to a list of minimal foods you have to subsist on! 
  • Its been 8 days since Lent started; How am I doing on the no meat thing?
  • Recipe and pictures for:  Spinach Tortellini Soup, Meditterean style quinoa, and Orange-Cranberry Couscous!!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Do you have a Costco card? You may already know, but you can get 3 pkgs of any flavor combo of sandwich thins for $5

Unknown said...

What do you make the taco with? And Beans? Just black beans?