Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kenyan Way - Long Run

12.5 miles.  Average pace: 10:14

Warmer weather today than we've had in a while; about 47 deg to start, thought it was going to be over 50 but no such luck :)  First time in a very long time that at the end of such a 'short' run that my head/hair was full of sweat and so were my clothes, yet I was freezing for most of the run.  Go figure.

Mile 1: no data, ran before the group start
Mile 2: 10:46
Mile 3: 10:14
Mile 4: 10:10
Mile 5: 10:21
Mile 6: 9:51
Mile 7: 10:16
Mile 8: 10:20
Mile 9: 10:03
Mile 10: 9:58
Mile 11: 10:17
Mile 12: 10:10
.5: 9:55 pace

The 2 miles around Hermann did me in for the most part.  I havent blogged about this but since the marathon my left foot has been giving me issues and I do believe (and Coach agrees) that I have plantar faciatis.  There are big rocks on the path around Hermann, and running on them really made my foot hurt more.  I slowed down a bit but it didnt help.  Once I got back to Rice it was better, but still...running with it bothering me just aggravated me and mentally just made me blah.  I was just ready to be done.

Nothing really can be done for plantar other than icing.  Fabulous.  I'll get to that this evening.  I am out of the city for the weekend!  More food stuff later!  Lots of good stuff coming up this week!

No comments: