Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ho Hum? Not!

I have tried many ways of eating over time, that much is certain.  However not until I switched to eating completely whole foods has my energy and perspective been so wonderful.  Not to mention my body composition.

And it doesnt have to be boring.  I think the most boring thing on earth is limiting yourself to bland, boring food.  I am referring to living on egg whites, oatmeal, plain baked chicken, dry salads and boring vegetables.  Thats enough to make anyone go nuts I think, but then there are those that do this and are 'happy' with it.  I know I hated it and could never stick to that sort of diet; what a boring world that would be.  I love food and cooking WAY too much, so I had to give my natural instincts a go.

There are so many foods out there that give you all that your body needs to not only survive but excel, while giving you satisfaction and elation on the taste buds!

I have thoroughly enjoyed all the exciting recipes I have found through other blogs, and even coming up with some of my own along the way.  You can make things that you might long for, like pizza, interesting, fun AND COMPLETELY healthy without sacrificing taste!  There are alternatives to the tradition of getting protein through only meat; thats what lentils and beans, tofu, milk, greek yogurt, etc., to get what you need...although I dont think I will be giving up meat forever...While I am still doing more than OK without it, I could totally go for some BBQ chicken right about now...  :)  And I NEVER want BBQ chicken...it just sounds good for some reason; probably because they were showing the BBQ cook off on the news tonight :)

Again, for ever it seems I have tried and tried and tried to lose those infamous last 10 lbs that everyone wants to, and until this change in lifestyle, I could never do it.  I have to have variety and TASTE...and it has to be interesting and fun...and I didnt have to add on extra exercise and I actually eat less because the quality of the food is so much more appealing and you relish each bite...its like a happy dance on your tongue!!!

I can tell you this much, I am a believer and will NEVER go back to the old way of eating...or to any way of eating that limits me on wholesome food and a variety of it!

4 comments:

MJ said...

'Its like a happy dance on your tongue'....i LOVE it!!! :) You're definitely inspiring me to change my eating habits, now if only I could get my husband on board.

NY Wolve said...

I read Micahel Pollan's recent book "Food Rules" and it is right on the mark. I think you'd like it.

Junie B said...

NYW: i have it ;o) its an easy read obviously; and straight to the point right!!???

MJ: all of YOU that i read inspire ME too!!

MikeD said...

I saw you on the Primal Blueprint website. Are you moving away from vegetarian eating? Sisson is not a fan of a lot of the protein sources you've listed as alternatives to meat. You might want to check out Gary Taubes Good Calories Bad Calories if you'd like more reasons to go back to meat and fat in the diet. I believe Pollan reviewed his book on the cover. Good luck in your journey, getting to good health is like a maze to navigate!