Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eggs Blindfolded

OMG!  My new favorite thing!  This recipe is super duper easy and so so so yummy!!!

One OroWheat Whole Grain sandwich thin
Spread lightly with hummus
Sprinkled a bit of WW cheese (and when I use the word "sprinkle" I mean AN ITTY BITTY BIT!)

I put a TON of fresh spinach in the pot with the steamer and steamed down
Leave the lid on to keep it warm

In a skillet, coat with cooking spray
Crack in 2 eggs and cook over easy or however you like them, but you need the yolk!

Once they're close to done, turn the heat off
Pile the spinach (after draining if wet at all) onto the open face sandwich thins
Drizzle some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Then gently lay the 2 eggs on top; one on each

I sprinkled with some cayenne and some chopped chives!

Enjoy!

Seriously this was FANTABULOUS for my dinner tonight!!!

4 comments:

Melissa @ So These Are My Thirties said...

That looks sooooo good! Sandwich Thins are my favorite, you can do so many different things with them. Def going to give this recipe a try, thanks for posting it!

Fe-lady said...

I would need at least FOUR of these...but they look yummy! (And I would follow up with a few Girl Scout cookies-I am BAD!)

junie b said...

oh believe me i WANTED 4 of them! AND i wanted ice cream after (which i had some mint skinny cow ice cream sandwiches in the freezer) but instead opted for some Greek yogurt/cinnamon and blueberries...

sigh. :O)

Unknown said...

I used to LOVE blindfolded eggs. But here's how I used to make them. I'd fry up a couple pans of bacon (about a pound). Then, while the bacon grease was still hot, I'd drop my egg in there. Just at the end, without turning the egg, I'd splash hot grease on top of the egg to give it a "blindfold". Don't worry, I blotted the egg with a paper towel before I ate it. :)