Friday, January 8, 2010

The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. ---- Eddie Robinson

It doesn't really matter how fast, or how slow you may walk, run or jog...everyone has their own goals and in my opinion, speed is relative. 
 
Sometimes I have to force myself to remember (and accept) that not everyone out there has the same work ethic, regardless if it has to do with their profession, their relationships (boy don't I know about this area), or their effort as it pertains to their 'sport' and its training...I have to remember that some people are just content to keep doing what they do, being average, finishing, never caring to improve, although I think secretly they do want to, most people just aren't motivated to do the hard work.
 
Personally I get bored when I see or read about this person or that person that did another [insert event] and finished.  It gets old to see the same thing over and over again with no improvement or even if there was a hint of 'trying' it would be interesting.  Not everyone can improve over and over, not saying that, but one can try...
 
I have single handed kicked my own ass for over 3 years now, and because of that, yes...it is documented in my times at all distances.  And I am still going...and I know when I will have most likely maxed out.  I will admit, there was a short period of time where my motivation was not for personal satisfaction so much as it was due to the fact I thought I needed to impress someone; 'maybe if I was faster', is what I would think...only after I realized that no matter what I did (running or otherwise) that was never going to be the case, did I start doing everything for me. 
 
Yes there are times that anger, hurt or disappointment may fuel my passion but what would I say now???
 
Passion fuels my passion.

No comments: