Thursday, January 7, 2010

Well, looks like I might just be part superwoman afterall...

Woke up this morning with NO soreness other than in my butt where I swear that shot-needle (anti-biotics) had to be the size of a turkey baster!   This means one thing:  I CAN RUN TONIGHT! 

I was afraid that the soreness, which the Dr. said would be intense for at least a day would prevent running, but so not the case!

Of course the extremely cold temperatures and the very high winds were going to keep me inside on the treadmill today!!!  Hey we're in taper; its ok...  :o)  Saturday morning will provide enough cold (18deg) to make up for me not running in (feels like) of 20+ this afternoon..

So nothing special really; 1 hour at goal marathon pace (on the treadmill) to make up for yesterdays missed run pre-surgery.  Will still take tomorrow off as usual, then as mentioned, 8 miles on Saturday...

9 days to marathon (not counting today or actual marathon day)...

I can't believe its THAT close!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Then the real work begins...Coach already knows I pretty much hold him responsible for me BQ'ing in the next year :o)

***********************************************

In other news, I am down 6.6 lbs since mid-November...I would like for 2.1 more to be gone by marathon day, but that might be kind of tough, seeing as how I need to fuel correctly for the race.  We'll see...and no I dont weigh every day because it would drive me nuts...Next weigh in will be Monday.

2 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Hooray for no pain! Way to go on the weight loss. I am down 5.3...not the 8 I was hoping for, but I'll take it!

Junie said...

good for you! actually even after the 2.1 loss, i still have 4.9 after that to get to my 1st goal weight...after i get to that weight, we'll see...