Sunday, January 17, 2010

Was on pace through about 15, but the GI issues started and because of that (all the stops I had to make) I started falling apart mentally just past mile 17...

Too much salt loss and cramps as well, but somehow still managed a 8 min PR at the half, a 43 min PR on the course, and a 7+ min PR on the distance.

Official time: 4:48:45.

I did the work, and did it well, but you just never know what the day will hand you and today it handed me a lot of crap (pun intended).  I can't complain, but I can be disappointed.  Eh, time to regroup and get ready to try and get a big PR for the half in Dallas mid-March.

Had issues at the finish, lots of cramping up in the legs, had to be be assisted off...lots of dizziness as well, but thanks to ALL the support I had along the way on the course; I couldnt have asked for more than those that were spread out and especially to Brit who jumped in with me with about 2.2 to go; without her I might not have made it as well as I did...

More later...Still not feeling well AT ALL...and trying to 'fix' things...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Often, it's not the time we post, but the way we came through it that matters most. To have suffered the way you did, still posting personal bests along the way, and leaving your body spent, all in the name of finishing the race...you did better than most could do. Way to tough it out. Good luck during recovery.

G said...

June, You are an amazing athlete in your own right, and I know you are disappointed and rightfully so. You worked your ass off but we all know that we can't choose what happens. You are my hero for sucking it up and finding a way to still manage a PR when I am certain you thought about just throwing in the towel. Get some rest, recover and hopefully I will see you racing at the 5K next weekend.

Anonymous said...

You are a rockstar. Just remember that. Way to go hon.

Steeeve said...

Just another datapoint - I trained hard for a year for my 2nd marathon and posted a 4 minute PR. I trained hard for a year for my 3rd marathon and posted a 24 minute PR. Breakthroughs are elusive. Patience, grasshopper, your day is just around the corner.