Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surgery Update

At first we thought we were going to have to postpone after the Dr. looked at the size etc., would require quite a cut and a total of 13 stitches.  There would be no running she said for a while.

So then she said she could 'drain' it now to shrink it, and then later come back and she could do what she needed to do to get it all to have it not return.  I wanted her to do that because I have had this cyst for some time and its annoying and I always worry about it getting inflamed from the jeans I wear to whatever aggravating it.  It resided right on my tummy where say a bikini would hit.

Anyway she shot my stomach up with numb stuff, and once she got to work she said that she actually was able to get it ALL with a minimal cut, 3 stitches later and a big ass needle shot in my booty I was shooed on out the door!

Best part is that I am able to run whenever.  It will be quite sore tomorrow so I will more than likely walk on the treadmill for an hour, then do my 8 miles as scheduled on Saturday!!!  SO SO SO HAPPY!

Whats even better is she took a look at a few 'spots' that I wanted to make sure I didnt need to be concerned about due to melonoma being the initial starting point of my fathers cancer and ultimate death.  And she said they all are fine; no cause for concern!!!!

That makes me even happier!!!

Now to just wait for the pain of the incision to kick in....

7 comments:

Sarah Woulfin said...

Glad to hear that the procedure went well. Hope that the incision's not too sore over the next few days---treat yourself a bit :P

TX Runner Mom said...

Happy that everything went well and you can run with no issues! And yay for not having any worries about melonoma...with all the sun I've gotten over the years, that always worries me.

Eddie said...

:) Glad it all went well and since you are cleared to run whenever...
LOOK OUT HOUSTON MARATHON...JUNIE B IS GONNA ACE YOU!

Junie said...

Sarah: no soreness this morning!!! i cannot believe it! my butt is more sore where they stuck me with that huge needle of antibiotics than the tummy!!

so excited that i can run today!!!!!!!!! 7 miles here we come! although will be done inside as the temps now ... um are at 35deg with a wind chill of about 23 they say...yeah no thanks to running in 25mph+ winds!

dixie :o) said...

JB: my dad died from melanoma too!!! started on his back, was removed and metastisized to his brain several yrs later...he was gone in 3mos :\
didn't realize we had this in common. Glad the procedure went well :)

Junie B said...

Dixie: it started OUT as that, and they did surgery to remove (also on his back). It was ultimately lung cancer that killed him, but the melonoma was the start...

i cant remember how long between melonoma and lung cancer though..all i know is that dad lived just over a year from initial 'you're in stage 4 and theres nothing we can do' speech.

still think dad hid it from EVERYONE for a long time..

Junie said...

Christy: one of the BEST parts about the surgery? I can now wear low(er) rise, non-baggy jeans again finally, among other things that just hit right at that point where the cyst was and I was always afraid it would get inflamed!

tomorrow is friday, jeans day at work, and i am SO SO SO happy that i can walk in here tomorrow with some cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute jeans on again for a change!!!!!!!!