Monday, January 25, 2010

10 Things that Make Me Happy

I was tagged my the great pink one over the weekend at some point...to list 10 things that make me happy...

  1. Well let's just start with the obvious why don't we?  Running.  There is nothing like running that makes me feel more happy.  Even when it sucks, I'm still happy.  Sorta.  ;)
  2. Spending time with my sister, even when its just over email or the phone; its just that wonderful.  We are so close now, these past few years, and even though sometimes I wish I could go back and have more wonderful years like these have been, I know that this is the way it was supposed to be.  And besides we have so many more to look forward to!
  3. Love.  Love makes me happy when its true; when its reciprocated; when its not taken for granted; not even just the romantic kind of love, but love when its between friends, between family, and yes even self-love.  I just recently gave myself that all important gift after a couple years of deprivation.  
  4. Seeing the scale move.  Downward!  Yippee!!!
    1. See previous post for most recent 'happy' moment!!!  YAY FOR DETERMINATION AND WILLPOWER!!
  5. Shoes.  Any kind!  High heel, ballerina flats, trainers, sandals, peep toe, racers, stiletto (my favorite!), strappy, conservative (with a flair of course), cowboy boots, over the knee/hoochie mama/Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman kind of boots (most recent purchase ;o), you name it, and I've got it!  In spades too!!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE SHOES, THEY MAKE ME SWOON (except for Uggs and Crocs; they are NOT my friend, nor should they be yours)!!!
  6. Sunshine.  Especially on a hot day in the Summer when I can be outside, laying by the pool...as much as I hate to run in the hot, humid weather in Texas, I do indeed love me some sunshine.
  7. Cake.  If you have been following me at all over the past couple of years on my other blog, or know me personally, you know how happy cake makes me.  But not Red Velvet cake.  Thats icky and does not make me happy.
    1. Cupcakes also make me really REALLY happy...they are like the perfect individual size cake...and no leftovers or additional calories to tempt you with!
  8. Ice Cream.  See #7 with the exception that the icky factor here would be ice cream that tastes like coffee.  Blech.  I dont care who you are, that's just wrong. 
    1. I do not however really like #7 and #8 at the same time.  Ice cream goes better with pie.  Hot, fresh out of the oven pie.
  9. Dance music.  And dancing to it.  Most definitely stuff that makes me happy!  I have been doing a lot of dancing lately; makes me feel alive and totally uninhibited.
  10. #10 will remain a secret; but it involves the day of Sunday...and I do it every Sunday that I can just because it also makes me feel alive and uninhibited...
    1. In lieu of this though, I give you this one:  it makes me happy when I can say to others "I run marathons; I'm a runner; I'm a triathlete; I'm a duathlete; or just simply "I'm a runner."  Most recently in a big team meeting where some groups came together, we all had to stand up and blah blah blah, but list one thing we do outside of work, in our free time.  My answer was:  I run.  :)

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Thanks June for making me laugh while at my computer today. Too funny about the shoes (I agree no Crocs or Uggs) and about the ice cream. You should consider writing a book (be the running Candace Buchnell).

Junie B said...

P: that is SO funny you should mention CB! as i JUST started her latest book!!! of course just chomping at the bit till the new Sex and the City movie comes out in May!!! and i have already put in for 1/2 vacation day that Friday so i can be at the movies in the middle of the day to watch it AT LEAST once on opening day!!!