Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thoughts are Running Amuck!!!

There are so many areas of my life that are out of my control.  

I daily seek to maintain and build an even stronger relationship with my friends, my family, and God, but I know that it takes a lot of little things to see the effort pay off.  I clean my house constantly, only to turn around and find it in shambles (well I might be exageratting a bit here).  But my life it seems, that in just an instant...it too, is in shambles.  I've spent pretty much of the past couple of years in shambles...that's better over the past ooooh, 4 months or so, but there are those days...

But, running, ah, running. I see those benefits immediately. I can look down at my feet (not for too long, though) and see the miles disappearing behind me.  And if its really quiet, I can hear them too...

I get fresh air, and I get to see how the scenary sometimes changes daily (and sometimes not at all) and seem to become more beautiful (or not) all the time. I can track my progress and see if I'm running longer, or faster.

I feel it in my body when I have had a good run. Running to me, is a cathartic, euphoric experience.

Everything is quiet, and my mind can wander. I can finish a thought, which is normally so hard to do with sometimes people or things pulling me in so many different directions.  And sometimes its only myself doing the pulling, applying pressure...Running balances me.

I can pray and think and relieve stress. Some days, looking forward to my run is what motivates me to get out of bed and put in the effort that life requires.

Something about my feet rythmically hitting the pavement settles something deep in my soul.  I feel like when I am running, I am the best of who I am. I feel strong, confidant, and satisfied.

Running is like a drug for me and I am thankful every day that I get to go out and pound the pavement.

Life is good when I can get in a good run.  This last week of taper and very little running does a number on me...It seems I have no outlet for my thoughts, frustrations, victories, worries or whatever happens to be swimming around in this little cerebrum of mine.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Visualize the prize! :)