Saturday, January 30, 2010

Texas Med Center 5K

No PR today.  WAY too windy; fighting a head wind the whole way; but I still did alright considering its been 13 days since the marathon and no short distance speed training.  28:something or other...

Legs felt dead too, and with a 27deg wind chill it was just too cold.  Not to mention I was an idiot and put my dtag on my trainers and not racers.  Mentally I was really pissed about that.

Coach SW won and I got to see him making the turn for the finish with LA just behind him, but I knew he wasnt going to catch him.  This race must be getting popular for some reason because this was the first year I have seen that many heavy hitters out there on the course.  With the Rockets Run tomorrow, that made it even stranger...

After returning home I hopped on the trainer for 30 mins of spinning...got an 8 mile run tomorrow with ALL of the peeps!!!  So excited about that!!

Anyway, people fasten your seat belts because I am going to be blogging about something near and dear to my heart in the next week or so, and you're either going to hate me (disagree and make the usual excuses too), or you'll agree with me, or it is my intent to make you think about what you are doing to your bodies by what you are eating (and how much) and moreso what you are doing to your children...

1 comment:

saroy said...

I did the Rockets Run -- there were almost no "heavy hitters" there. Bill B. won the race, but 2nd and 3rd were high school kids.