Monday, January 11, 2010

T Minus 6 Days

Woke up with laryngitis this morning.  I suspect it has everything to do with the breathing in of such cold air on Saturdays run.  I started feeling it a bit late yesterday afternoon, so before bed I slathered on Vicks (sexy...I know) and drank Nyquil...but still this morning I sound a lot like Tony Bennett.  Or someone who went out all night drinking bourbon and smoking cigarettes.

I don't feel bad, but its annoying.  So I have my hot tea and cocoa to get me through the day and hopefully my normal voice will have returned tomorrow.  I am just glad that I dont have any conference calls today.

Well, lost basically another pound this past week.  Down 7.2 lbs now since mid-November...less than a lb to go and I drop below the 'line' I've been targeting.  This will still not be my goal weight, but not far off.  Should be interesting to know what the scale says on race day morning :o)  I still cant believe that the weight is dropping off!  Most of my pants don't 'fit' anymore.  Even yesterday my 'skinny' jeans which have always been my 'scale' were completely baggy.  Most of my jeans I just look ridiculous in...but I dont want to buy anything new till I lose the rest, as on me, losing even a little is drastic when it comes to how pants fit me.

Warmer temps here this afternoon, but my car was COVERED in ice this morning.  Guess there was some moisture in the air and it settled on the car, turning to ice as the temps yet again went well below freezing again last night. 

Due to the laryngitis, and even though its warmer out today, I have been advised to just run inside. 

So 5 miles on the treadmill it is.  Hopefully I will get to run my last 2 runs (3 miles each) before marathon outside (Wed and Thurs).

Forecast for Sunday is holding steady...  :o)

2 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Sorry about your voice, but glad you feel okay otherwise! Way to go on the weight loss! This is the 2nd year in a row that I've managed to lose over the holidays..it can be done with the will to do it! Whoot!

Junie B said...

Christy: I think I have FINALLY found 'my' secret, i.e. what works for me, but still allows me to 'perform' when running, training or just lifting weights. All I know is that I am feeling better than ever and when I hit my goal weight, watch out :o)

The driving force behind it is not only to just look better, but be FASTER!!!

I just kind of would go back and forth, never really trying so much; but a few months back that all changed...