Friday, January 29, 2010

Easy Yummy Good for You Food

2 things that I have recently seen on Rachel Ray are to die for (and yes I have fixed them myself already)!!  Low fat and just tasty tasty tasty!  So I am going to share!

Soup
Any box of whatever kind of boxed broth (I like beef)
Fresh pasta (tortellini; whole grain of course)
Lemon zest
Fresh spinach leaves
Parmesan

Boil the broth, then add in the tortellini.
Once the tortellini bobs to the top its almost done
Add in the fresh spinach after the tortellini is done and just let it droop down

Done!  Add a bit of lemon zest (adds a wonderful flavor!) and circle in; top with parmesan!!

Chicken Dish
Boneless chicken breasts cut into nice size strips or chunks
Fire roasted whole tomatoes (you might want to cut them into smaller chunks)
garlic
EVOO
Pepper flakes (the kind you use on pizza; I like spicy food!)
large container of fresh mushrooms

Warm the EVOO and garlic in the pan
Add the chicken, salt and pepper flakes
Brown really well, then add the tomatoes
reduce heat and simmer
about 10 min till done dump the mushrooms in; cover and let them soften

DONE!  super duper.  Eat over brown rice, couscous, quinoa, or whole grain pasta of your choice!  I personally LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE quinoa!!!

******************************************

In other news, I put my older Trek bike on Craigslist yesterday and today I am $200 richer and the bike is GONE!  Fabulous!

6 comments:

Eddie said...

I like orzo with the chicken myself and either steamed or grilled veggies on the side. Good stuff. When you decide you want a nice skirt steak, I'll give you my recipe for chimichurri. Yeah, I make it with a little kick too!

Eddie said...

Actually, the chimichurri goes well with chicken too but you better loooove garlic!!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Yum! I've made something similar to that 1st one...an old WW recipe I think. I'll have to try that 2nd one. Sounds awesome!

Mel said...

thanks for the ideas!

her chicken tortilla soup (with or without the tortillas) is SO good and really healthy.

I've remade a couple of her recipes like cheesy chili fries and nacho spuds. Don't make those much though, because I don't buy potatoes really

June said...

oh and dont forget BUY FREE RANGE or ORGANIC chickens!!!! NO MORE MASS PRODUCTION OF ANIMALS!!!

saroy said...

Those both sound tasty. It took me a full minute to figure out what EVOO was though. :)