Tuesday, January 12, 2010

T Minus 5 Days

Still have sore throat (Tony Bennett voice) (and now a bit of some crud in my chest).  More Vicks and Nyquil last night, but I still woke up with it...

So I stopped off at the corner store, got some Halls to suck on all day...

I most certainly would have stayed home today but I have 3 client conference calls today, so that was not an option...

I still don't 'feel' bad, its just annoying and has me a bit nervous...

I am just glad I have at least Friday off (from work); A full 2 days of complete rest is going to be good for me.  (plus Monday is a holiday where I work, so no burning of a vacation day for post-marathon...)  Everyone here at work is sniffly, sneezing, has colds, coughing and hacking...ugh...makes me sick at my stomach listening to it...

No run tonight; schedule calls for a rest day; I am going nuts and feel like if I still lived in my loft downtown, I'd be on the ledge, ready to jump...I dont understand why my mind is racing and I am more anxious than ever before, before a marathon...

Is it too late to just throw in the towel???  :o)

3 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

First, I'm glad you moved and there is no ledge. Second, no you cannot throw in the towel. How about you go see a movie or something so you don't have to thin about anything for at least a little while? Hope the sore throat goes away soon June, get lots and lots of rest and think positive!

Junie B said...

:o) Ms Christy... as i said, i dont feel bad so this is good, yes? but i love your 'concern'...

i hope i get to see you somewhere inside the GRB before race!

Anonymous said...

Hey you, just so you know, if you jump I'll catch you. But I know you aren't going to, you have too much to attend to in 2010.

XOXO