Monday, January 18, 2010

Post Marathon - Day 1

I know, I know.  I will get around to a full race report...

Didnt sleep well last night, too many times waking up whenever I would move and something would hurt.  When I did wake up this morning I tried to assess the damage before letting my feet hit the floor.  Not too bad.  Just the pain still in my quads, even after an ice bath yesterday, but I am certain it helped tremendously.

Had a massage scheduled for today and that was painful.  I am a big wuss and have a low tolerance for pain (unless its self inflicted of course), but she had me grind through it, but man once she hit the abductors and the quads it wasnt pretty.  So much build up of junk and pooling that it hurt like a mo fo.  Still she got me through it and now I just have to make sure I drink A LOT of water to flush out all the crap before it settles in making me feel worse :)

I finally was able to eat and have my body not reject food this morning.  I was able to eat a tiny bit last night, but nothing major; not that I felt like eating anyway.

So now its hopefully nappy nap time for me...gonna eat me some more protein and a bit of carbs and then invite the Sandman over to let me fall fast asleep...I'm hoping for a good, solid 2-3 hours maybe? 

Pretty please.

No comments: