Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Hills are Alive, Part Deux

With no group run this morning, and only 8 miles on the schedule, coupled with 20 deg weather, the girls and I decided early in the week to just meet up around 9:30 this morning for our last 'together' run before the marathon next Sunday.

When I left the house it was 26 deg.  Unheard of in Southeast Texas, but with 3 shirts, 2 pairs of gloves, a pair of pants I felt ready.  Thankfully the wind has stopped and we didnt have the wind chill factor.

Megan and I decided we were going to introduce Amber to the cloverleaf.  8 miles of the cloverleaf kind of introduction.  Even I had never done more than 4 miles of the leaf myself on hill training days...

I had cleared it with Coach and all was a go.  Easy on the ups, moderate on the downs.  Since there are 4 leaves, you basically run 2 of them uphill (400m each) and 2 of them down (also 400m each).

After a couple of miles I was down to 2 shirts and 1 pair of gloves which the 1 pair would come off and then be put back on. 

I was ready to stop after 7 miles, but as good running peeps do, they spur you on...fine, I said.  But I am walking this one uphill...  :o)

16x400m uphill
16x400m downhill.

Done.

Whew.

No comments: