Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do You See What I Seeeeee???

Well by now you all know that I am doing wonderfully in the few days post-marathon (with the exception that yes, still today, I have that tingly, numbness feeling in the 2 toes/left foot)...I have never recovered as well as this and last night via email Coach had some encouraging things to say about that...anyway, the hardest part is being so darn hungry but yet not being able to eat.  Embrace the hunger, embrace the hunger...

Well I can eat, don't misunderstand, its just that now, more than ever, I have to be very, very careful about what goes into my body since I am not running as much, but, I did bike already, and in addition to running yesterday, I did weights full on; which I havent done in forever.  Still, I have weight to lose, and it isnt going to just fall off without me being diligent.  Being super cautious as to intake, but man am I hungry a lot this week...so I drink the hot tea...

I lost track of the days, but well its been since late September that I have driven through a drive through, went into a place with a drive through, or eaten anything anyone else may have bought at a place with a drive through.  Again, not that I was ever a fast food person, but I did like my occasional Whataburger and french fries.  In addition to that, I havent set foot into a mexican food restaurant, and as much as I love mexican food, I doubt I ever will again (it would have to be a special occasion that I wouldnt pass up because of the occasion it represented)..I also have not had alcohol, minus the sip of champagne on NYE and the celebration wine one night while out with friends. 

The proof is in the pictures...I know what my pics looked like at my triathlon in August (awesome), and then the 10 miler race in October (gross and fat) and I almost fell out of my chair at the difference...it was disgusting to me. 

In a few short months, with diligence (and support from a dear, dear, dear, friend), the fat is definitely leaving the building.  I am happy with those photos from the marathon on Sunday.  There are so many things that I just wont eat anymore, but yes, I still crave them, and will at some point, indulge (perhaps) but it will have to be a super special occasion. 

And because of those pictures, I will not veer off the course...I havent weighed since the day before marathon, and won't either till this coming Monday...too much icky stuff to alter the results this week and I dont want to be pissed off   :o)  I want to hit my (first) goal by March 14, 2010 which is the half marathon in Dallas.  Gonna be tough to do, so I will cut myself some slack; as long as I see the scale moving, I'm good...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do look fabulous. So proud of you. The alcohol, the mexican food. I haven't done the mexican food either in a long, long time. I was scheduled for some post-marathon beef enchiladas at Natalia's on 290 and Jones but when I ended up DNF'ing, I said to myself, "You didn't earn this" and skipped it. Fortunately, Will's post-marathon party had chicken fajitas which I don't think did much damage.