Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb10 - December 8

Beautifully Different.

Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up.

I have felt different my entire life.   And there were times I was made to feel different, as in the kind of different where no one likes you because of it.  This was the tormented middle school years and by 'different' I meant I was fat.  And before you wonder, no I wasnt the only fat girl, but for whatever reason I sure felt like it.   And yes when I say I was fat I mean like for realz...not in my head kinda thing like now :O)

There would be other times throughout my life where I felt different.  But I wonder about this question because I think I'm different, like in a good way...but I don't think anyone else thinks that.  Or if they do, once again its probably for some reason that wouldn't make me all warm and fuzzy you know?

I know that some of the things I might think are 'beautifully different' about me, probably also pertain to others, but I think the one thing that if I had to choose, would be the fact that I have a heart that honestly knows boundaries (even when it probably should).  I am forgiving (some would say to a fault), and when I love, I love BIG. 

Does that make people light up?  I don't know.  Does anything else about me?  I don't know.  I think that a lot of people think I am funny, and that I make them laugh, but does that equate to them 'lighting up'?  I can think back to a time or two where I did make someone light up and I am not sure why, but since I haven't felt like that for some time, I wonder....whatever I had, did I lose it somewhere?

No comments: