Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb10 - December 4, 5 and 6

Wonder.

How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

Eh.  This one bores me.  :O)  Although strengthening relationships, both personal and business has been quite an eye-opening experience.  I have had a few instances of 'wonder' this year, but nothing that stands out right now.  Of course I am extremely tired and my brain hurts.  :O)


Let Go.

What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

Oh boy.  Let's start with something easy and recent.  My nails.  And by nails I mean the solar nails I have had for 20 years.  I just started the process of removing them on Friday and even now as I am typing this its like learning to type all over again.  I cut them back as far as I could, but have yet to do the tedious work of soaking them in nail polish remover to soften the hardened powder and buff and file it all off leaving what inevitably will be very weak nails underneath.  They have been a part of me for so long its odd...but in my quest for minimalism, and the simple fact that I dread having to go to get them refilled every 2-3 weeks (which its gotten to be 3-4 weeks), it was just time.  Plus I spend roughly $50 a month on that process. 

There has been one other thing I have let go of this year that honestly, thinking about it right now is very emotional for me.  I don't think I want to really talk/write about this.  Its extremely personal and again, I don't want to go 'there' on this blog.  It was indeed something tough, and a realization, while one of the hardest ones I have had to face, I still struggle with it from time to time.  But I would say 80% of the time I am ok with it.  Maybe 85%.  :O) 

Today is not one of those days though.  Yeah today is not a good day to think/write/dwell on this.

Make.

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

Mmmm...yeah we're gonna pass on this one.  I am not a crafty person; use to be though.  The only thing I 'make' now would fall into the category of cooking.  I loooooooooooove to cook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ew I hate taking nails off. I admire pretty nails, but I never had the time or patience to keep them up. I haven't had them in probably 5 years, keep trying to remind myself I don't want them.

I can't remember the last thing I made other than food. I'm not crafty, but I like projects.

One thing I need to take up again that I've neglected is reading. I read alot marathon week and it was nice. I haven't picked up the book I was reading since. I have magazine I get and I rarely read any of them, I need to change that. Maybe now that Dan is going to the gym, I can start reading while he's gone :-)