Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb10 - December 2

What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

So basically this question is asking me what meaningless thing that I do day in and day out that is a time sucking abyss.  This one is easy.

And can I eliminate it.  Hmmm...not so easy.

Mind numbing television and reading celebrity blogs/websites.

I am hoping to get a Kindle for Christmas and as much as I love to read, and don't do it because ... well because I dont get to the book store and I dont like all the waste associated with buying books made of paper only to discard them in one fashion or another...or worse they take up space, which I don't have a lot of to begin with.  If I get the Kindle I suspect there will be less mind numbing television.  At least that is indeed the goal!  I have a slew of books, including Charlottes that I have on a list to download if I get the Kindle!!  So hopefully yes, I will be incorporating some book reviews possibly in the new year!!!

The celebrity blogs/websites?  Baby steps people, baby steps.  I love my celebrity stalking sites!!

I have tried to keep a lot of things that I would love to write about out of this blog that go on in my life and I do a pretty good job at that.  Mainly because I dont want it to possibly turn into a blog much like the last one (lifeshighway) which is still there but just un-readable by anyone other than me now. 

That blog certainly would prove my point in my earlier reverb about bipolar/passive agressive/self deprecating goings on in my life during a certain length of time.  So because of my new start in 2010 I opted to change the what in terms of what I write about.  There is yet ANOTHER blog out there that spans 2003 to 2005, the 'ever turbulent wayward lost soul' that I was chronicles.  I havent been out there to read any of that in a loooooooooooooong time because its honestly just like a crazy person writing...

Scary.  It's a wonder to me every day when I still find some of my old self memories popping into my head how I am even still alive.  Honestly people...I don't know how I survived 2001-2004..actually that would be 1998-2004...

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Ahh. Celebrity Gossip and television are at the top of my weakness list. Good luck with your kindle!

Katie said...

I hear you - television is one of my downfalls as well...sucks the life out of me! Addicted...