Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gonna Make You Sweat...

Yesterday morning was an easy 4 miler before work.  The first run since the half marathon on Sunday.  The thing about my level of fitness now, even after a marathon, I am up and running again in pretty much no time.  This was no exception even with a strong showing on Sunday, running faster than I ever have for that distance...I had a bit of quad soreness but nothing that didn't work itself out within I would say the first 5 minutes.

Then because I had to work late for a client I had to miss my favorite instructor for hot yoga :O( ... But there was no way I was missing hot yoga entirely!!! 

Oh Lordy Lordy...this instructor kicked my booty up one side and down the other...For the most part every class is a series of 26 poses, but some instructors do some that another instructor might not do.  Enter Mo...who did a couple balancing poses I had not done before, and she made some modifications (meaning made HARDER) to the ones I AM use to doing!  And to top it off, once we made it to the floor poses (mostly core/spine types of poses), where some additional ab work is thrown in that an instructor does on her own given her preference...well lets just say I wanted to slit my wrists with her ab work routine.  OMG.  OMG.  O.  M.  G.


A typical outfit for me in hot yoga.
Actually I run in this too..its hot here
y'all !!! 
 On top of all of that, since there was a class that ended right before, there was already residual heat in the room, coupled with a VERY CROWDED class (more hot air/bodies) within the first set of poses I was drenched already.  Honest, this is not an exageration.  I had even worn a loose tank top because I thought it might not be hot enough?  Yeah that came off in no time flat...There is a reason (most) yogi's wear very little clothes.  Honestly and this is really the first time I think I could actually FEEL the sweat rolling down my back ... and when I went into my first set of side plank, my feet were just slipping off the mat to where I couldnt get a grip, had to change the direction of my towel quickly just so I could maintain the pose without falling on my face.

She just killed me!!  I was a wreck when I got out of there...a wet, limp wreck of a noodle!  First class where I have heard audible signs of struggle and discomfort from others in the class...and a couple of people had to child pose it out a few times and one guy left the room...TWICE.  Dude...keep up...I child posed it out only once and only for about 20 sec because I just felt a wee bit dizzy coming out of a pose too quickly.

I make it sound so horrid don't I????  But I have to tell you I looooooooooooooove it!!!!!!!!!  Looking forward to Thursday...and thankfully I will be going at my regular time and back to my regular instructor...she looked sad when she saw me coming in for the 6:15pm class...I felt compelled to explain why...  :O)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drool.
I want to be able to wear things like that

Junie B said...

Melissa: um..yeah I dont want to hear that. you are SKINNY (so it cant be that) and would rock something like that. you could if you reeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted to. :O)

I actually got that on ebay for $9.00; for BOTH. LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Well #1 I have stretch marks

and since Sept I haven't worn anything form fitting or revealing around the middle, because I have no idea when my GI issues are going to cause my stomach to distend. Some days I look a good 4-5 months pregnant