Wednesday, April 21, 2010

KW Speed and PIM

3 miles (easy loop of the park)
3 miles of 30/30's.  This means 30sec fast/30sec med.  For me, and a lot of others it means 'poles'.  I dont use my watch for 30/30's, so I do 2 light poles fast (about 200m) 2 light poles med/easy (also 200m)  :)

Stopped and chatted with a few at KW base, and then finished up and waited for PIM to start.

My group had 4 miles on the schedule.  If you remember, up till now, they havent been able to run more than a mile and 1/2 without needing a 'pole' break :) ... but tonight?  oh yeah...they ran the first 3 miles without stopping!!  And I wasnt running all that slow (by their standards)...I heard Casey huffing and puffing a bit, but she held on.  They did a small break when I had to stop and 'go' about 2 miles in... They couldnt run the full 4 but thats ok!  Huge progress for them!  They are so darn sweet!  After we were done, they were like "so June, what are we going to do when we're done?"  I said "what do you mean, like after PIM is over?" And they said "yeah."  I said weeeellll...if you want, I will meet up with you 1-2 times a week if you want and run 3-4 with you...lets get on email and we'll work it out!  Best compliment ever!

I have to say though I couldnt get out of there fast enough...I was tired and about ready to just pass out from the blood sugar drop!  I have to say I never thought I would be running 9-10 miles for a mid-week run!  Awesome!

Now I get to open up the fat package that was on my doorstep when I got home!  New clothes!

Oh and thanks to Anonymous being a smart ass on the last entry, I have taken off the ability to post anonymously...not that my Statcounter doesnt give away the identity, or at least a portion of it...sometimes I wish my blog link wasnt on the HARRA website ;)

No comments: