Monday, April 19, 2010

KW Hills (or Not)

Earlier in the day today, I decided that I would rather a) run right after work instead of waiting till 6:15 and b) I wanted to run a nice flat, fast route...Again since I am smack dab in the middle of end of Spring training and upcoming marathon training, just running for running sake is what suits me best right now.  While hill work will make me faster...Chicago is flat anyway...I think hill work only really makes a big difference in either training for a hilly course, or for short distances...

Right now I want more mileage and faster miles...THAT I think is what will help me more come October...

It was cooler today, overcast but very humid...
Mile 1: 10:01
Mile 2: 9:54
Mile 3: 9:50
Mile 4: 9:51
Mile 5: 9:40
Mile 6: 9:29

Just what the doctor ordered.  I felt like I could run forever today.  Must have been the great day of rest yesterday, a bit less stress as far as Mom is concerned (more on that later) and some ample eats today (all good for me though)...

No comments: