Wednesday, April 7, 2010

KW Speed and PIM

A much better day than yesterday...thanks a lot to unlimited texting! :o)  Man am I glad I got that when I switched over to my (an)Droid back in December!  I never thought I would be much on the whole texting thing, but what I like about it is (well one thing that is) the fact that instead of calling when you think of something, which is kind of silly to do for maybe just a sentence or two, you can just do the text thing no matter when you know?  What I don't like is sometimes the delay in texts being sent and/or received...this my friends can cause confusion and chaos!  ;o)

Found out some things about Moms tests yesterday, and the failure might have had something to do with a) her blood sugar had dropped to ~50 and they gave her the test(s) anyway and b) she was needing blood and they hadn't done that either, but continued with the test(s)...me thinks the PT people and the actual doctors need to get on the same damn page...So there may be another round to determine this going home or not going home again...

OK, so not really knowing how well I felt (till I actually start running and warm up), I was a bit worried about speed work tonight...I even thought about just running 6 easy you know?  What did I end up doing?????

I did one loop nice and slow...so that was 3 miles, just over that actually since I ran from where I parked to the KW starting spot...and then started the speed workout for the day...

3 sets of 800m, 400m, 200m, 200m
After the 800 you have 3mr
  • 4:11, 4:02, 3:56
After the 400 you have 2mr
  • 2:04, 2:00, 1:54
After the 200 you have 1mr
  • :59, :50, :49
After the last 200 you have 6mr before starting the next set
  • :58, :55, :41!!!!  whoop!   To be honest, I almost hurled after that last one :)

Repeat this 2 more times! Times are above for each set.  I killed it today!  The only one that was over what it should have been was the first 800m, which I always have trouble with simply because I don't have my pace in my head at that point...and plus I am always a bit shy to go out too fast...

Then at 6:30ish we started our PIM group run (which I had about 30m rest here, which I dont like, but it is what it is, but I had a 'visitor' during this time as he stopped by to say 'hi' so that made the time go much faster!!, and tonight our little Carbos 1 group was to do 3 miles running...well I knew that wasn't going to happen...Instead this did: 1 mile warm up straight running, then I started them on poles; run 3 poles walk 1 pole...about half way through they were running 4 poles, walking 1...it started raining a bit into it, and then the wind picked up...they were so excited!  Ha!  excited about running in the rain!  By the time we were done, they were already asking me "what are we gonna do NEXT week June???"...hmm...I am going to have to think about this one... :)  I even picked up the pace on the running portion and they were keeping up so they are better than they give themselves credit for!  Love them!

Now I am home, showered and getting some food in me!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Great workout - I wish I could run that fast!

Still sending good vibes about your mom...

saroy said...

Random question (maybe I've asked this before) -- mr is minutes rest, right? So what do you do to rest -- walk? Stand? Jog slowly?

Junie B said...

yes, minutes rest. for these, you just stop and hang out, i just walk around in circles mostly trying not to throw up :)