Wednesday, April 14, 2010

40 min treadmill
Upper body weights for 50 min

Tuesdays are so rushed right now because its the night I go to visit Mom, so I have to be quick and down and dirty...

I pushed it on the treadmill tonight, and also on the weights.

I increased the weight and lowered the reps, but kept the sets at 3-4 depending on the exercise.  Actually thats not accurate because what I did for most of the cycle was this:
  • I would do a set of 8 reps at the higher weight
  • 25 jumping jacks
  • Another set of 8
  • Rest for 1 min
Repeat 2-3 more times, again depending.  We mostly focus on back, bi's and tri's on Tuesdays, but I added 1 for shoulders as well.   By the time I got home from visiting Mom, I was just too beat to do abs.  Will make up for it tonight ... or maybe not since I just remembered what I have on tap tonight...

I woke up this morning definitely FEELING the difference...I can only imagine what its going to feel like as the day goes on...

And tonight is 9 miles, including 6x800m thrown in there for some speed...I am just hoping that the little changes I make might make a difference on the scale.

I am debating on the 3rd stage of Tour de Bayou tomorrow night...its a tough course and about 4.5 miles...I am thinking I need to not do it because of a) Another day in the gym this week seems important and b) because I will need my legs for Saturdays 12 miles...

Thoughts?

No comments: