Monday, December 19, 2011

2011 Race Synopsis

Sunday, January 16, 2011
USAFit Marathon/Half Marathon
Worst race experience of my life (due to weather).  Mentally broke down and almost DNF'd.  No official time because I refused to cross the timing mat.  I would later find out my time was somewhere around 2:21:xx.  This whole race devastated me.  Hypothermia after it was all said and done.  I just didnt realize it at the time.

You can read about it here.
Pictures here. 

I thought the course was ok, its a loop for the half and 2 loops for the full.  I wouldnt want to do it twice I can tell you that much.  I am not a looper.  Hate loops.  Its a smaller race and a lot of woggers and just overall walkers.  They don't call it 'everyones marathon' for nothing.

I know I wont be doing this one again.  Ever.

Sunday, January 30, 2011
Aramco (Houston) Half Marathon
No distance PR
Course PR by just over 7 minutes.  I didn't realize this until a while later because I hadn't run the Aramco Houston half marathon in quite some time, and the last time I did it I remember is was 2:24xx.  My official chip time for this one was 2:14:33.  Not good (for me), but better than the fiasco 2 weeks ago at Sugarland, mostly mentally.  Physically as well, but my goal for this one was just to hold it together in my head. 

You can read about this one here.
Lots of pictures here, here and here.  No race photos though.  Way too crowded and I didn't see any of me.  :(


Saturday, March 12, 2011
Bayou City Classic - 10K


Planned race, but didn't.  Momma passed away on Thursday, March 10, 2011.  :O(



Sunday, March 27, 2011
Angie's Crazy Half Marathon

No PR, but wasn't expecting one either.  Rough month of little training and Momma being very sick and eventually passing away.

Course PR since I hadn't ever run this race.  Not sure I will again either.

Race Review:  HERE
Race Photos:  HERE
Miscellaneous Photos:  HERE and HERE






Saturday, April 2, 2011
4 Four the Park- 4 miler - Houston, Texas
39:29 (I think)

No where near a PR.  No training, hot, humid.  Blech.  But I still came in under 40:, so I was happy.  First race where I seriously thought I was going to have to stop to throw up.  Not sure what was what on this day, but it wasn't good.  To be honest, it was when I first had nervousness about the fact that I thought I could have possibly gotten myself knocked up.  True story.

Previous PR: 36:58 (2009)

Race summation

Race photos


Sunday, May 15, 2011
Bay to Breakers 12K - San Francisco, CA
Course PR
Distance PR

Race Summation
Race Photos
Race Debauchery


****************************************

Sunday, October 9, 2011
Bank of America Chicago Marathon - Chicago, IL

2010 Course time:  4:51:xx - Weather conditions:  70deg at start, upper 80's and red flagged about the time I hit mile 22 or 23.

2011 Course time:   4:42:xx (not verifiable since I lost my chip and my Garmin lapped out due to too much data from past runs, and I had to delete and reset which took I dont know how much time!) - Weather conditions:  65deg at the start, upper 80's and red flagged just like last year.  Alert level was never green; at the expo it was at Yellow and that was on Friday.  Each day was warmer than the previous day.

I really, really, really loooooooooooooooove Chicago.  And I really, really, really looooooooooooooooove the course of this marathon.  What I do not love is the training here in Houston all Summer, 16-22 milers in August and early September only to be smacked in the face for 2 years in a row with 'record setting temperatures for Chicago'.  Its one thing to train in the heat, with the promise (mostly) that your marathon is going to be cold or at least reasonably cool.  I would do this race every single year; I truly would.

I will say that this 2011 trip to marathon in Chicago was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun than 2010.  I had such a wonderful time there with Tracey and meeting up with others as well.  Last year was a big let down in that respect.  It is so important to travel with like minded people!  Especially when it comes to marathons!

Some say its a fluke, the heat.  However with 4 out of the last 5 years its been 'record setting heat' marathon week/weekend, I think the fluke is that in 2009 it was actually cold.

I am hanging up my Fall marathon shoes for at least one year.  Possibly more. 

I'll miss you in 2012 Chicago.  But if things work out like I want them to, maybe you and I will be more than just friends within the next few years.  :O)













Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dallas White Rock Marathon Half Marathon - Dallas, Texas
Ran the half marathon at this race in 2010 and was my PR of 2:06:xx.  That number still holds...hopefully we can change that this Spring (2012) if I decide to run a half in the Spring that is :O)  I am eyeing the Woodlands Half.  It would be a week of sign up for me as I am not going to register in advance due to weather uncertainty here at the beginning of March.

This was supposed to be #7 total, #2 in a trifecta, but it was not to be.  I pulled out at mile 9 and turned with the half marathoners.

Running in 40deg (wind chill was 35) and pouring down rain from 40yrds out of the gate was not for me.  I was so cold even dressed as I was that each raindrop felt like a knife going into me.  At one point in the race I couldnt hardly see in front of me it was raining so hard.  My clothes and shoes weighed 10 lbs (literally cuz I weighed them) due to the water (thankfully I wasnt wearing cotton ;o)).  It was so bad that I left my shoes in the hotel room to die a slow death.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dallas White Rock marathon/half marathon and will definitely go back again (maybe in 2012, maybe not).

I just wasn't going to go through another 17 miles of that crap (it got way worse believe me) when I didnt 'have' to.  Hoping Houston is better to me in a few weeks.
Not thrilled with my time (2:13) but since I didn't run it initially as a half marathon, by the time I did decide to bail, there was not much I could do. 

The Expo
The Hotel
The Digits
First Thoughts Post Race
Race Photos





And now on to 2012!!!!!!

No comments: