Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Fluff(y) Post

Jamoosh over at Last Mile Lounge tagged me to write 7 things about my cat.
I love my Nugget!!!  (or Dulce which is his 'official' name but I never call him that anymore)

So here we go!

First Day Together!!! 
Nugget loooooooooooves my running shoes!  From the first day to now.  Especially if I come home in them with dirt of any kind.  I still can't put into words how much I loved him from the first time I picked him up!  (he's a rescue kitty)


OMG, he was SO tiny!!!  He fills that bag up now! 
He loves to get inside anything that is a 'bag', whether it be my gym, yoga bag, empty grocery bags, AND my purse.  Yes he tries to fit into my Coach bag.  And usually, like this morning, if I forget to clasp it, he will go in there and take out everything he can get and litter the living room with it.  Especially paper.
The cat LOVES paper.

Breakfast!  He looooooooooooooves Cheerios (with Almond Milk!)
Yes.  Cheerios.  Loves loves loves them.  He gets so excited when I have cereal.  He will lay just far enough away from the bowl until I give him the go ahead.  Usually I just toss a few ever so often to keep him happy until I'm done then I leave a few in the bottom of the bowl with a bit of almond milk still left.

Nugget, just like my dear departed Harley, likes to drink water directly from the faucet.  Kitchen, bathroom sink, tub.  Doesn't matter.  He won't drink water out of his bowl, but he will play with the bowl until its all spilled out and I come home and find the bowl in the middle of the living room.  I leave a bowl in the kitchen sink full of water for 'emergencies'.  I know he drinks from it when I'm not there and he gets really thirsty.

I don't even know how to explain how he gets up there.  One would think it would be to jump on the dresser, then jump to the top of the mirror.  But no.  He jumps on the dresser then CLIMBS THE WALL.  Really.  Boggles my mind.  He loves it up there in the sunroom and at first I use to freak out because I thought he WAS using the mirror (and its wonky)...but when I saw what he was doing, I didn't worry so much.  Now he doesn't get up there too much or if he does he does it when I'm not around.  He has always been a 'climber' since the first day I brought him home.

He is a diva through and through.  Or whatever the word is for a male diva.


And now that he's older...and a bit more settled (90% of the time) this is how he likes to spend his time.  Or in one of the many window sills throughout the house where he can watch the dogs and/or birds and squirrels.

Yes, he has a very hard life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our cat loves boxes. He will try and get into any box regardless of how big or how small - even if he does not fit.