Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Running Playlists

I continually get hits every day from people googling 'run playlist' 'marathon playlist' etc. and requests via email for music playlists (I still need to get around to writing the Fast Playlist in text format like I did the Marathon Playlist), and I have been adding some music lately so I thought I would share a few of those.

The number one song that I am loving right now to run to is a bit on the slower side I guess, but its called "I Won't Kneel" by Groove Armada and I just love it!  I actually have the original version and a remix version that I have added to my marathon playlist.  I have it at the beginning since its a bit slower, but probably will move it in the list once I run to it a few times to see if it makes me speed up or slow down :)

Another thing I have started using is a great website called Jog FM !!!  I haven't been on this site in some time because honestly it use to be not what it is today thats for sure!  You should check it out!

You just plug in what pace you want to run at (e.g. 10:15) and it will spit back out a list of songs and you can download per your usual way of doing that. 

Also what is cool is that there is a link at the top there on Jog FM where you can click on Playlists and there are a bevy of playlists already put together that you can peruse and take initiative from!  Very cool indeed!

Now go!  Go check it out!!!

I am in the process of putting some new songs on my list to try out:

Tainted Love
Dream On
Bottoms Up
White Wedding
Born to Run

Any good songs I need to know about? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this out.

Unknown said...

LOVE Tainted love -- it's on my running playlist...also - Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" has a perfect rhythm for running! xoxo from Trinidad... P.S. If you feel like Letting a little Truth out" hop on over and do so :-)
http://thehinzadventures.blogspot.com/2011/08/truthful-tuesday-let-your-truth-out.html

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those crazies that runs without music. I bet it would change everything about running for me (in a good way).

JunieB said...

Hil, I didnt run with music either until November of last year I guess it was. And it took me some time to have the right songs that didnt make me run all kattywompus (meaning slow/fast/med/fast/slow). I sometimes still run without it, but not often.