Sunday, August 14, 2011

Can You Hear Me Now?

Ears.  Everybody has them, and everybody’s are different.  So different, in fact, that it has been suggested that our ears might be suitable as a basis for biometric identification.  So if our ears are as unique as our fingerprints, why is it that our earbuds are not?  Yurtopia is a company that was started in an effort to address just that problem, and I was recently given the chance to try out their solution to the issue: Yurbuds!
The Yurbuds themselves are simple caps of medical-grade silicone that fit over your earbuds.  They look somewhat alien compared to regular earbuds, because of their more organic shape.  Their appearance may be off-putting to some — they certainly don’t look as sleek and modern as most high-end earbuds, but then again, these are going in your ears, so who cares?

Let me say this for the record:  never before has putting something in my ear made me so happy.
The fit — as before — was perfect, but this was something else entirely.  I could hear every sound coming out of the headset with surprising clarity.

So do you have trouble with your earbuds from your iPod or other device not fitting in your ear(s) properly?  Falling out?  Or just not fitting well enough (like with me my ears are a small opening and the regular earbuds dont fit, they actually hurt).  Well these babies can solve your problems!  They are indeed sized so you actually need to be 'fitted'.

Well how about you give them a try!?!?!  I have a pair of Yurbuds to give away ($20 value)!  They are a size 6, which is basically what I think is about the average for most folks, especially women.

I want them!  I want them!  You do?  So how can you receive these?
Here are the rules:
  1. Be a follower of this blog, or become a follower  AND
  2. Leave a comment on how music helps you on your run/bike or workout in general (if you are not a follower, then your comment will not be counted)
If you are a follower on my Twitter (juniebrunner) then leave a SEPARATE comment here saying as such for an additional entry

I will draw the winner by using random.org on Thursday, August 18th.

Additionally I have 2 Smart ID shoe tags to also go with the Yurbuds!  Why 2?  Because doesn't everyone have more than one pair of running shoes???  Retail value of each is $3.25.

OK, Go!

12 comments:

Teresa said...

Music helps me "zone out" during those long runs. I helps me not to pay attention to my tiredness and the runs are so much better!

Bonnie said...

Following your blog! :)

K said...

Long time follower! Where's the Kool Aid? I'll drink it!
Music helps in so many ways. It helps me zone out when I need to. It helps set the perfect pace and the perfect mood.
I use it to warm up and cool down. To reflect, to rejoice, to remember.

Lisa said...

I'm not currently running with music but the ear buds I do have hurt my ears. I'd be more inclined to head to a trail if I had some better ear buds. Thanks for the product review.

Xaarlin said...

Im a follower ;)

Music helps motivate me when I'm on the tread mill. I can get lost in the music and the miles fly by. I'll also use it only or races outdoors. Most recently, it got me through some tough parts in my last half marathon where I eventually PRd by 5 minutes. Im not a fan of my current stock apple headphones.

Renee said...

I read every post on Google Reader!

I CANNOT workout without music! It's my life blood!

Kellie said...

I follow your blog!

Kellie said...

I love a mix of music/no music during my runs. Usually, the music gets me out the door and helps me speed up my runs when I need it. I'd love to win these considering my pair was just stolen out of my car during a break-in :( But, whoever gets them will absolutely love them!

Cynthia said...

Would love to win the Yurbuds!! I stopped listening to music for racing in duathlons but now training for a marathon, I will need it :) Hopefully, it'll get me to that finish line!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a follower! Maybe if I had some Yurbuds, I would listen to music more often!

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok, I'm in. You know I follow. I only use music on speed days, helps me zone out of the pain during the hard parts, and pumps me up for the speed during the recoveries.

Anonymous said...

Also follow you on Twitter, duh!!! ;-)