Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Product Review - Lululemon Speed Short (a/k/a I Finally Drank the Koolaid)

Lululemon Speed Shorts (i.e. Crack)

I finally gave in. 
First off I have been seeing these shorts (or in other colors/designs) for a couple of months now out at Kenyan Way...And me being the fashionista that I am, of course I was always admiring of them.  No matter who had them on, I was envious.  But of course being in love with my Nike 2" Road Race shorts for over a year now, I didn't think anything could ever break us up.

Plus once I found out how much these bad boys cost ($58-$64), well...if you know anything about Lululemon, you know they started out primarily as yoga attire and that it is NOT cheap.  But there is nothing like the feel of something Lulu on your skin...I personally didn't own any but I had tried it on every time new stuff would come in the store.  Even with 40% discount it was too rich for my blood.

So recently on long runs, Giselle wears the Lululemon running skirts (also SO cute) and no matter the temps/humidity that skirt is freaking dry as a bone.  Jealous. 


So I went into Lukes one day, or maybe I was working and I tried the skirt on that you see in teh picture.
CUUUTE!!!
Bought it. 

Then more and more the shorts...So a few weeks back I finally decided to try the shorts on.  I had to see what all the fuss was about.
OMG.

Not only do they feel like buttah on yo booty, but they look great.  I was SO hoping they were going to look like crap on me!  ARGH!!!  Bad thing was they only had them in my size in Black.  Everything was sold out.  Which I would find out later is par for the course since they are so popular they sell out almost as fast as Lulu puts them online, or stores put them on the racks!
Sorry but OK, I gotta have these.  If they suck on my long run, I will return them.

Guess what?  Um, they were FREAKING AWESOME!!!  Even in our God awful weather!  So I went online, found another pair cheap (same design as in the picture but black/grey/white like the skirt).
Then I found another pair.  Then I finally decided I wanted one of the new colors that just went out as I was stalking Lulu website every day...waiting...waiting...
And now I have these!


and these....


So now I have 4 pair!  I gave up Nike Tempos a long time ago (just sold them all on ebay too) and now my Nike 2" are going to become somewhat extinct!  Not really because I cant afford a whole bunch of Lululemon Speed Shorts.

I know they are expensive but honestly its just so amazing what they feel like when you're running ... Can't explain it!

As far as the skirt goes, yeah, I havent worn that yet...Probably going to return it to be honest...I just sold all my Nike running skirts on ebay, so why on earth I bought a running skirt I have no idea ;o) 
It wears a lot like the Lululemon Tracker shorts to me...kind of gives me what appears to be a 'muffin top'.  My friend, Dixie says the Speed shorts do that to her.  I think it has to do with the height of the person honestly.  Shorter people wear the lower rise clothes better than the taller folks?  Would appear to be the case.  The only other difference is the thickness of the banding...the skirts and tracker shorts are much thicker/quilted like banding, whereas the Speed Shorts are flat and smooth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im jealous, all of that stuff is super cute.

But I think I can safely say that while I like mine somewhat short, those are probably on the too short side for me. MAybe i'll eventually try them on, but the store is never open when I am down there. (I am either downtown at night or way early AM for runs)

Do they have any internal or any other pockets?

Junie B said...

zipper pocket in the back up top.

Charlotte said...

Oh NONONONONONO!!! You did NOT post this! How did you know I have been drooling over these shorts (and the lulu skirts because I adore running in skirts - I'm such a girl) for MONTHS now. I even have pics of them hanging up, like high school girls would of movie stars. And this? You might just be the straw that breaks this cheap-girl's back! I have to go buy some now. My wallet does NOT thank you.

PS> I bet you look super cute in these!!

Junie B said...

GULP GULP GULP!

whispering...drink the koolaid...drink the koolaid... :)


hint: the solids seem to run a bit smaller for some weird reason. i can wear an XS in the plaids but a S in the solid? weird.

but honestly i like the fit of the S better in the plaids.