Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Easy day of workout/run.  Stressful day at work just drained me.

50 min:  treadmill
25 min:  upper body weights

Home now cooking up a storm so that I have lunches and dinners made for the next 3 days.  I start coaching PIM again tomorrow night (gonna be a long evening with over 400 registered; at least I am coaching an experienced runners group this time around! but then I have to run  my run and do as much of the speed workout as I can) and with work stuff I just have to be on my game to stay focused where food is concerned.  Today I finally ate around 1:30pm and basically ate my sammich in about 10 min.  No afternoon snack...banana mid morning, and had eggs and grits for breakfast...so I guess it wasnt all that bad but having to rush lunch really put me in a tizzy! 

The weatherman tonight hinted that Friday night/Saturday we may be rewarded with another 'cool front', and they show the low at 72.  From his lips to God's ears.

I sure could use that for my 21 miler.

6 comments:

Steeeve said...

Actually, there are 165 registered. They reused the Spring 2010 slot and did not reset entries.

Junie B said...

hmmm...i was told last night there are 400.

Junie B said...

yeah, i just confirmed with PIM powers that be...close to 400 registered online. I knew that they werent adding another group/more coaches last minute for nothing.

Steeeve said...

Yes, 396 to be exact. 231 from Spring 2010 and 165 from Fall 2010. You can see these numbers on the HARRA web site; you can't see the split; you needed to note that, as I did, at the start of registration. 62 of the names are duplicated, representing Fall returnees from the Spring. Roughly 1/3 returning is actually pretty good. Fall participation is always significantly lower than Spring; you lose the New Year Resolution effect and gain the Marathon Spilloff effect.

Junie B said...

you care about the numbers/percentages WAY more than i do. you sound like jon walk.

i just care how many are in my group and where the heck i'm gonna park.

Dana said...

I'm coaching a second 5K group starting at the end of the month. It does really make it tough when I have a training plan that calls for say 6 miles but I have to go do a 2 mile walk run with a group...do I count the 2 miles because it is time on the legs, but at the same time, it's not the same kind of time that I would put on them if I were running alone.