Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Monday:  6 miles treadmill

Tuesday:  Didnt get up in the morning and it was TOO brutally hot after work so I ran 6 miles on the treadmill again.  Also I had gotten word that Mom was rushed to the ER again after being home exactly one week as she started having seizures.  I didnt know if I was going to have to high tail it North so I felt like it was better for me to get the miles in as quickly as possible and doing them at 4pm in the gym was the better option.  Late night I did get news that she had had 2 extremely bad ones to where they finally had to knock her out to hopefully keep them under control and as not to hurt herself.

Today:  no run.  Went in to work for an hour or so, then went and spent the day at the hospital.  Just home now and after very little food and hydration I am not going to run this evening.  I will get up in the morning and do 6 miles before work, just go in a bit later than my usual 7am.  Cant run after work anyway as I need to go back to the hospital so the pressure is there for me to get my butt up and do them in the morning.  Plus hydration and food tonight is more important than possibly going out in the heat (the feels like right now is still 101deg)..I feel certain holding off is better than having a horrible experience out there.  The big picture is my loooooooooong run (19-20 miles) on Saturday, so missing a day of running is nothing to worry about at this point...She was pretty much out of it all day today, but at least while I was there, there were no episodes.  We're just waiting on a blood transfusion now as her blood dropped from 10 to 7 overnight.  Feel certain she will be a bit more 'with us' once she has her blood levels back up...

No comments: