Monday, September 13, 2010

20 minute warm up run (treadmill)
5 x 3/2 on a 1% incline
15 minute run to cool it down

1 hour total running (treadmill); right at about 6 miles total.

Then I hit the weights doing about 45 minutes all upper body.  I am focusing on the back specifically, but also doing a lot for the biceps and triceps.  I started back on the weights last week, and will continue to that 2-3 times a week up until a few days before the marathon.  With the cut back in mileage after this weekends long run, I will need the extra calorie burn provided by strength training, not to mention strengthening my back and core will help me come race day.  I started back last week and this week to work through any soreness issues so it doesnt affect me on the running front especially with what I have coming up on Saturday.

No comments: