Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall has fallen in Texas!!!
So, fiiiiiiiiiiiinally we got our first 'cool' front...the weather people call it a cold front but they're idiots :O)

When I went to bed last night around 10, it was still 76 deg out so I was wondering if it was truly going to push through Houston or not....but I still had the alarm set for 5am because if it was, I wasnt going to miss out on it! And sure enough, I walked outside and it was cooooooooooooooooool! Phone read at 62 and I quickly put on my shorts, and yes a shortie top and I was out the door!  I had 5 miles to do per the schedule, so the plan was to do my little 4 mile loop, stop back by the house for hydration (which I didnt need) and finish with a 1 mile loop there around the house.

Its a good thing there are no cars on the road on this route because I had to run in the road as the sidewalks are just too dark and the streets are more lit.  I had my little headlamp on but really didnt need it unless to let cars that were out that I was out there as well.  Once I hit West Gray I ran by the Starbucks and there were people sitting outside in COATS!  and a couple of people walking their dogs, with COATS on!  I was saying good morning to everyone as I passed by...so happy! 

A few of my friends ran at the park this morning, and were on FB about how people were in long sleeves/pants, even some with gloves and ear warmers...ok not to offend anyone but are you KIDDING me????  I am sorry but I just have to laugh...you just wont see me covered up unless its closer to 50 and then I'll just have something covering the stomach...I cant wait for people to start complaining its cold...

I laugh.

I was still very sweaty at the end, wet top and all, and honestly thats the way it SHOULD be...if you're cold when you're running then you aren't pushing hard enough...especially in THIS weather...its NOT cold people :O)  And the only thing that barely bothered me was when running down Kirby, the North wind was coming right at me (was indeed breezy) and I just welcomed it...quickly reverting back to the OMG HOW HOT ITS BEEN ALL SUMMER LONG mentality...NEVER look a gift horse in the mouth!

Another front is coming through on Saturday and I am just elated...and I swore I wouldnt blog or FB about Chicago weather (which is now online for 10/10/10)...but I'm elated about THAT too  :o)

The plan is to run every morning this week to take advantage of the glorious weather ... actually I will probably running every morning right up until we leave for Chicago on the morning of the 8th!!!  No more heated late night runs!!!

4 comments:

K said...

Now if only I could switch my body to the early morning runs! Ahhhh!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh - coats!?!

I am still running in shorts and a t-shirt in those temps - when it gets down to the low 40s, upper 30s, that's when outfits need to change!

Junie B said...

heather...people here in SE Texas/Gulf Coast are ridiculous. :O)

Jaime said...

Coats this past weekend is a little dramatic! I sure do love me some fall weather.