Saturday, September 4, 2010

Survival of the Fittest

21 miles
4 hours 1 min.

Thats 4 min faster than I ran my 19 miler and it included the same things:  9 water stops, 3 gels, 1 potty break and a change of shoes/socks.  While it was indeed 'cooler' still needed to change them out after 8 miles and before starting the group route.  What was different was 3 miles in I ate it big time running up Memorial Drive.  Was watching a truck pull out of a parking lot a bit fast and wasnt paying attention and I hit a 'lip' in the pavement and down I went.  Scraped hand and a nice knot/bruise on the inside left calf.  I just got up, and we were at Starbucks, theres a water fountain so I washed the hand and continued on.  It wasnt until I got home that I felt the knot/bruise.

I do not have any splits or an average pace because my Garmin was dead as a doorknob this morning for some reason.  Gah!  If the 19 miler was 10:36 average pace, then this one was faster than that :)

Happy Labor Day!  Big weekend planned, some alone time and also some friends time tomorrow and Monday!  Going out on the boat on Monday and I cannot wait!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Great run! I have never run 19 miles - what an accomplishment!

Junie B said...

21 miles today dear heather ;) thanks!!! one more long run to go before Chicago!!!

Bert said...

Good run, sorry to hear about the fall. Isn't it amazing how one half second of looking at anything other than the ground in front of you, is cause enough for a tumble?

Dana said...

Great run. Great time. Plus 2 miles, minus 4 minutes? How'd you manage that?? Hate to hear about the fall. I hope it heals up fast for you.

Junie B said...

hard to say without having the Garmin. I know i was running faster during the miles AND i didnt dilly dally at the water stops quite so long becuase it was indeed 'cooler'. i am almost certain thats where the difference came into play.