Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kenyan Way Long Run - 13 miles

Not much to write home about as far as yesterdays run.  It was brutal conditions with the feels like close to 90 by the time I finished just before 8am.

Ran a few miles before starting the route.  It was a new route, very dark, and a bit confusing at one point but between Cyndy and I we managed just fine until it was light enough and we'd made it through the confusing part.  Was INCREDIBLY humid and made for a less than stellar run.

I managed a 10:36 avg pace somehow, mainly due to big time negative splitting on the back side where most of my miles were around 10:10 to 10:15 pace.

Took today off as it was the home opener for the Houston Texans and we spanked the beJesus out of the Colts!  My ride picked me up just before 9am and having to make food and get ready just no time...and then after getting home close to 5pm, was just beat from the days festivities!  So much fun...tailgating with about 40-50 runners and then all heading into the game.  Super fun!  Just a few more days until the big one...22 miler this coming Saturday!

Here is one shot that a friend took of me while I was, of course, talking up a storm to someone...

Gotta love the shades!  They are my new favorite accessory!


 And our 'home' at one of the tailgater's lots!


2 comments:

NY Wolve said...

Running and tailgating, a great day!

Dana said...

You have AMAZING skin!!! :D