Monday, September 20, 2010

First Week of Taper

After discussion with a dear friend in depth yesterday, while taper did officially start right after I was done with the long run on Saturday...one looks at the schedule and well, honestly, I dont see it :O)

I still see 4 days of 6 miles, 1 day of 8 miles (incl Yassos) and then a 12 miler on Saturday.   Still running 6 out of 7 days.

To me this still looks like another cut back week.  :o)  And it is.  The first of 3...patience dear Junie, patience.

So really this week isn't a taper week...However, its time to start getting the body use to eating less.  The next 3 weeks with the mileage dropping each week leading up to the big day, I have to make sure to not gain weight.  I would actually like to lose a couple of pounds to be honest.  Shouldn't be a problem, if I am really careful and vigilent.

The stress of wondering if I will be able to go the distance on October 10th is starting to rear its ugly head, but it always does.  Two weekends of no really long run isn't going to undo all the training....Two weekends of no really long run isn't going to undo all the training....Two weekends of no really long run isn't going to undo all the training....

I just have to keep telling myself that.

Other than that, nothing else has changed.  

And you can be certain that will change...By this time next week, I should be full on crazy.

No comments: