Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Me running in the cool September morning air!!

5 more glorious miles this morning before work!  This weather is just freaking awesome!

I figured I had better at least get one run in with the singlet I bought months ago in anticipation of Chicago...so I picked this morning to do it.  As much as I hate running in a full shirt when its not cold out (62 is not cold enough for me when running), I did it.  The singlet is perfect.  Not too tight and not too loose.  I wish the weather was going to be cooler this Saturday on my 10 miler (last long run) so I could run farther in it, but looks to be about the same as it is now so that would be a no go for me!

Speaking of my last long run...I had an email convo with Coach yesterday where I inquired whether or not it would be alright for me to do part of my last long run at goal marathon pace so close to race day...he said sure but to keep it at 7 of the 10 miles and to do a few short runs next week at goal marathon pace as well.  Whoop!  With the hot/humid weather these past few marathon simulation long runs, well hitting gmp wasnt really an option unless I wanted to drop dead!  :O)

One of the things his acceptance of me doing this so close to race day is that he's confident in my fitness/recovery to be able to do that so close and to be ok and it not hinder me when its time...2 years ago or even a year ago, I dont think he would have agreed to it...

Now all I need is the perfect route for Saturday which means no memorial park and no bayou... are you reading this Coach????  :o)  With him racing Twin Cities this weekend though I may get stuck with a standardized easy to set up route and that wont be good :O/

We'll know on Thursday!

No comments: