Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Second Week of Taper

Things are moving along...I am not so stressed with doubt (at least not right now)...I think running so well in the cooler temps the past 2 mornings and a decent 12 miler on Saturday helped with that.  Doubt will rear its ugly head again though..sometime next week...it always does...

I have a pretty serious speed workout tomorrow, and it'll be tough to actually complete it and as it is it will have to be done partly in the morning and the other part while with PIM (if I can swing it). 

The workout is:  8 miles including 2 x 5K at 8:53 to 9:00 minute pace with 5mr in between.  Plan is to do one of the 5K's in the morning before work...I have a 1.55 out and back route I can do and at 5:15am in the morning its gonna be done on the road and not a sidewalk...thank goodness there isnt any traffic at that time that I really need to worry about.  I will have to break up the other 5 miles, as 2 of them (4 total) are with PIM and we are doing 60/60's.  That might just have to be it...

The only other thing thats been apparent is now my germaphobic nature is kicking in...I am washing my hands a lot more often, using my knuckles to push the elevator buttons, using my elbow or foot to push open a door...things like that...we marathon runners are a strange bunch are we not?  :o)

Trying not to eat too much..thats going ok I guess.  It doesnt help that its time for TOM to show up...thankfully I wont have that to worry about in Chicago though ;o)

OK time to finish lunch...

No comments: